How to Install Photoshop Actions
In addition to understanding how to install and use Lightroom Presets, it can be helpful to know how to install and use Photoshop Actions. In addition, similar to the reason why photographers and retouchers use Lightroom Presets; Photoshop Actions are used to speed up their workflow. These can also be created or downloaded from others who have created them. If you download an action, you will need to install it to use it. While there are a couple of ways to install Photoshop Actions, I will be showing you a quick and easy way I normally install Photoshop Actions. Here’s a free Photoshop Action made that you can download and follow along with! Free Action Download!
- First, you will need to download a Photoshop Action. If your new action is in a .zip file, you will need to unzip it.
- Open Adobe Photoshop.
- Go to your Actions Panel. If it is not already visible in your workspace, you can go to the Menu Bar and click Window > Actions. The Actions panel should pop up.
- Next, click and open the dropdown options menu in the top right corner of the Actions Panel > Select Load Actions.
- A new window will pop up where you can find the folder of your downloaded action and select it. Click Open.
- Now the new action should be available in your Actions Panel and ready for use.
- Click the Action’s folder arrow to view the new Photoshop Action. Press Play and enjoy your action!
If you found this post helpful or want to share some tips and tricks of your own, please comment below or shoot me a message on my contact page! Make sure you share this post with your friends as well. Also, if you have practice work you want me to see, feel free to tag me to your posts on Facebook or Instagram. Thank you!
You may also want check out how to Install Lightroom Presets!